Scholarship / Financial Assistance Program
The Codecraft Foundation Financial Assistance & Scholar Award program is provided for students who attend Codecraft programs.
Codecraft Foundation funding has two tiers:
Assistance is provided to students who demonstrate a financial need and who, without aid, would be unable to attend a Codecraft program. Financial need will be determined based on the current year Brevard Public School Free and Reduced meal schedule. Financial awards are granted at 100%
Full/Partial Scholarships are provided for students through a competitive process. Students awarded a scholar award must actively participate in a Codecraft program for at least one semester during the school year, or for one week during the summer.
The opportunity to apply for financial assistance or scholar award is made available three times per calendar year (fall, winter and summer semesters) and funds must be allocated within the program year awarded.
- The application window is as follows.
- Fall: July 15th – September 15th
- Spring: November 15th – Dec 30th
- Summer: March 15th – April 15th
Recipients will be notified on a rolling basis, or within 30 days. The number of financial or scholarships awarded will be at the discretion of the Codecraft Foundation. A family may only receive a financial award or scholar award 1 time per year/per child.
- Scholarships are intended for those in need of financial assistance due to financial hardship.
- Students must be planning to actively participate in a Codecraft Works program online, for at least one term.
Application Process & Requirements
- Applicant must fill out the online application, in entirety, linked below.
- All fields are required – including of financial need.
- A personal statement from the parent/guardian describing why assistance is needed and why it is important to the parent for your child to attend a Codecraft program and learn to code.
- Applicants will be notified via email of their scholarship status within 30 days of a completed application period. All decisions shall be final.
- Recipients will be required to sign a participation agreement, and participate in pre- and post- surveys to help the Foundation gauge program impact.
- Recipient and guardian will be required to sign a participation agreement, which will be included in the notification letter.
Note: Funding will determine how many scholarships are awarded each semester.